Monthly Archives: February 2013
BBDO is accepting applications for the Allen Roseshine Minority Education and Training Fund until March 8. It’s a great opportunity for students who meet the requirements and can do an internship in Atlanta, Chicago, Minneapolis, New York or San Francisco. The full BBDO release is after the jump.
REMINDER: The deadline is fast approaching to enter The One Show’s The Young Ones Competition, ADC YoungGuns, and D&AD Student Awards. If you would like the department to submit on your behalf (including covering the cost of submission), please set up an appointment to have your work approved by a director.
All entries must be approved by a director and submitted to the department by Friday, March 8, 2013 at 5:00 pm.
Love helping the world and helping others? Love advertising and communication? Love technology and media? Then bring your passions together and join the Citizen Group team. We are looking for a passionate and bright individual to bring their skills and enthusiasm to our eclectic agency. We are currently filling an internship position for a jack of all trades: a creative and strategic person who has a knack for marketing and can help as needed on ongoing accounts. Great experience if you are looking to build your resume and learn about hte different roles within the agency. Hours can be flexible. This is a non-paid internship that can be used for class credit. To apply, send your resume, portfolio and why you would like to work at Citizen to email@example.com. Portfolio is not required.
Citizen is dedicated to building “citizen brands.” In an age of increasing transparency, corporate image campaigns are no longer enough. Citizen helps its clients shape values-based brand strategies, and then brings them to life through compelling initiatives that inspire, inform, and invite audiences to participate. Call it “the quadruple bottom line” – developing programs that support people, planet, and profits, by igniting the passions of our audiences. We work with such clients as Amnesty International, World Wildlife Fund, United Nations, Mezzetta Foods, USA Network, The Heinz Endowments and much more.
• Recent, or near, college graduate with B.A./B.S. degree
• Experience and comfort in working in a team environment
• Passion and dedication for working in the non-profit sector
• Enjoy writing and promoting online content
• Able to adapt quickly to changes and new projects
• Ability to prioritize tasks and manage deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Previous experience in marketing, non-profit sector, public relations, design
• Must possess a passion for learning new media outreach and best practices
• Excellent communication and copywriting skills
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
HTML and Design experience a plus
• Research consumer behavior, news articles, and competitive landscapes
• Promote content through several channels
Update content through our various content management systems
Testing websites and applications on various devices and browsers
Contribute to internal and client social media channels
• Provide creative ideas for new and ongoing business
• Assist in billing and account management
• Provide ongoing support as needed for office and business needs
Additional information about Citizen Group here.
You can also apply here.
LA ADDY Awards: Deadline: THIS SATURDAY, February 9, 2013.
Instructions for Submission: here.
Please Note: Because of the very close deadline for submission, you will have to enter on your own, we will not be submitting entries for students. However, we highly encourage you to participate in this exciting opportunity. Take advantage! Best of luck!
Ever since the first semester, I witnessed one phenomenon that was almost predictably regular. It was the dropout rate in grad school. Every semester, a good bunch of people would pack their bags and wave adiós. The reasons would vary and were personally unique. But that’s not what I’m posting about. It is my belief that at the core of all your ‘true’ decisions lies a singular factor—passion or the lack of it. So, here’s something I found that addresses this line of thought and something that tickles you wit-mongers a bit!