Monthly Archives: April 2015
Zambezi is a creative advertising agency based in Venice, CA – two blocks from beach. We’re looking for paid interns to join our creative department.
For two months, you’ll work like a jr. art director or a jr. copywriter on multiple projects with oversight from a creative director. Every client brief is an opportunity for you to build your book and make a name for yourself…
Another alumni has sent along a lead for a San Francisco agency that’s looking for a creative intern with diverse design and production experience. The position is available immediately. Would work for a recent graduate or student still taking classes. Talk to Mark for details…
Just finished college or have a starter job? You’re probably beginning to ask yourself “at what point should my ‘work’ become my ‘career’”. How do you steer things to end up where you want to be? How do you take control of your career?
Then you’re going to want to check this event out! Click on the link below for more details. Also contact Cameron Maddux if you have more questions or need more reasons to attend.
My name is Matthew Jervis; I’m an Educator, Designer, and most recently a published author.
I’m offering a 3-month Internship to help me with a book launch as well as other creative strategy projects.
First, you will help design and execute a targeted social media campaign in support of a summer book launch. Additionally you will be given the opportunity to help on other design and educational projects that revolve around creative strategy and innovation.
- Attend Meetings
- Work collaboratively with other design and publishing professionals
- Help to design and execute a targeted social media campaign
- Assist in any PR or publicity opportunities that arise around the book launch.
- Receive school credit and valuable job experience
- Provide one-on-one mentorship
- Offer you opportunities to take on other projects
- Give clear and concise direction with deliverables
- Give you ownership of projects
A Good Fit?
- You have an interest in social media, marketing, design, publicity, and publishing
- You can commit 8-10 hours a week for a 3-month period starting April 2015.
- This is a 3-month internship (with possible extension possibility)
Contact me directly: email@example.com 415-577-9730
Attention: A wonderful opportunity for all of you to enter, the Adweek Isaac+ Awards may provide students at the Academy of Art, San Francisco a great opportunity.
A little about the award— the Adweek Isaac+ Award celebrates student invention in technology, media, marketing and advertising, honoring students who are expanding the realm of possibility. Students may enter FREE, to win the opportunity to bring their invention to life with a coveted 2015 summer internship at kbs+ in New York City.
During the summer internship, kbs+ will provide up to $15,000 towards developing a prototype and the winner will have the opportunity to utilize the kbs+ facilities as well as have access to senior leadership mentors, the kbs+ tech shop and kbs+ ventures. At the end of the internship the Isaac+ winner will have a chance to pitch kbs+ ventures of funding to take their prototype to market!
In addition, the Isaac+ Award winner will be spotlighted in Adweek’s Invention Issue, September 2015.
We would love it if you would share this information with your students. Entries close Saturday, April 18th and it would be shame for your students to miss out on this fantastic opportunity.
Have a look at http://www.isaacawards.com/winners/2014/student_marketing/ for examples of past winners and take a look at the attachment for 2015 Isaac+ Jury line up.
Please to not hesitate to reach out to me with any questions or concerns that you may have.
770 Broadway, New York, NY 10003
PROJECT ISAAC AWARDS: Enter now at http://www.isaacawards.com
ADWEEK WATCH AWARDS: Enter now at http://www.adweekwatchawards.com
Yet another alum has let us know that a major LA agency—nationally-acclaimed work for automotive, entertainment, and technology clients—needs both art director and copywriter interns for the summer. There’s a possibility these internships could lead to full time positions so you should be finished with your degree already or graduating in May. We have been asked to share the agency’s identity only with qualified candidates so speak with Ellen, Vince, Jim, or Mark asap.
SPRING SHOW 2015: SCHOOL OF ADVERTISING
You’ve worked your ass off all school year, creating campaigns for classes and competitions. Now it is time to show it off to the Advertising Industry, your classmates, and the AAU community, It is time for the Spring Show 15.
DEADLINE: All entries must be submitted by
April 13th at 7 P.M. Pacific time April 17th at 12P.M. Pacific Time. NO LATE ENTRIES ACCEPTED. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Work entered must have been created between the Spring 2014 – Spring 2015 semesters and has not appeared in the Spring Show previously
- Maximum number of entries is 5 campaigns (or 15 pieces) per student.
- Maximum number does not include entries that are selected by your instructors.
- You are required to show all entry credit information at the ADV Spring Show Submission website http://goo.gl/forms/HzBr4UenqL
- You must stipulate the category you are entering, give a title to the entry and enter everyone whom you collaborated with on the entry. You may enter more than one name for Art Director/Copywriter/Strategist credits.
- Please follow these instructions exactly or your submission(s) may be disqualified.
This year your work will be judged by top local industry creative’s. Gold, Silver, and Bronze awards will be given in each category depending on judge’s decisions. Judges may reallocate entries to an appropriate category if necessary. A Best of Show will be awarded as the judge’s top choice for the year. Winners will be chosen from the undergrad and graduate programs.
1A. TV Commercials :15, :30 or :60 lengths
1B. Video Content for the Web Any length
1C. TV Promo’s/Movie Trailers Any length
1D. Music Videos Any length
1E. Motion Graphics/Titles Any length
1F. Video Campaigns: Three or more entries for the same product or idea
1G. Experimental Video Content: Any length
2A. Single or Double Page Consumer B&W or color
2B. Single or Double Page B2B B&W or color
2C. Multi-page B&W or color
2D. Posters Includes all OOH (outdoor)
2E. Experimental Any print work not covered in the above categories including packaging
- Case Studies:
3A. Video Case Studies Any length
3B. Print Case Studies Any length
4A. Display Any size, including page takeovers
4B. Motion Graphics for The Web Any length
4C. Web Site Design Includes landing pages
4D. Apps Show functionality
4E. Experimental Any digital work not covered in the above categories.
- Radio:30/:60/:90 in length, free form audio any length, submit as video with brand/”title”/length as title card for duration
- Ambient MediaMust be shown in environment
- Editorial DesignDesign and copy for editorial publications both digital and print
- Personal BrandingIncludes personal web sites, identity, promotion, and printed books
- Integrated Campaigns
SUBMISSION OF ENTRIES
In order to streamline the process we now will be taking all student work for the Spring Show in digital form only.
- Enter the credits for your entry at http://goo.gl/forms/HzBr4UenqL
- For all Video entries (commercials, films, case studies, radio, etc.), please post at comand provide links in the Live URL field of the credits form
- For Digital entries, please provide links in the Live URL field of the credits form
- For Print (and most other submissions) send an email to Sarah at firstname.lastname@example.org and attach a low-res PDF, 5MB maximum
- Any three-dimensional work (packaging, sculptures, etc.) should be photographed and submitted as Print; actual pieces can be dropped off at ADV reception on the 410 Bush, 3rd floor
- If your work is selected, you will be notified at the email provided on the credits form.
- You will be asked to submit higher resolution files and/or printed pieces—be ready
YOU MUST ENTER YOUR CREDITS AT http://goo.gl/forms/HzBr4UenqL
Please contact the ADV Department directors if you have questions.
Organic Summer 2015 Internships
Preferred Qualifications: Undergraduate Students In Their Junior Or Senior Year
Must be eligible to work in the US
Must be willing to work 35 – 40 hours / week
Must provide their own housing and transportation for the duration of the internship
Must be available during the timeframe of the internship (June 1st – August 7th)
Must currently be enrolled in a design program (pursuing BFA or equivalent degree)
Required for consideration: strong design portfolio
San Francisco: http://www.organic.com/careers/opportunity/5732 (SF)
Detroit: http://www.organic.com/careers/opportunity/5733 (DET)
San Francisco: http://www.organic.com/careers/opportunity/5735 (SF)
Detroit: http://www.organic.com/careers/opportunity/5736 (DET)
New York: http://www.organic.com/careers/opportunity/5731 (NYC)
Art Director Intern
New York: http://www.organic.com/careers/opportunity/5738 (NYC)
AD2SF has organized some open tours for a bunch of cool agencies this Friday April,10th. Sign up as fast as humanly possible – the spaces are likely to fill up faster than your first round of ideas get ripped from the crit wall.
Sign up below. Use the code 2015NSAC. Some of these agency’s can only hold 12-15 people and so get on it. Please only sign up for one agency per time slot.
Bassett & Partners: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/nsac-agency-tours-at-bassett-partners-inc-tickets-16440936283
Baker Street Advertising: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/nsac-agency-tours-at-baker-street-advertising-tickets-16469372336
Mekanism Creative Advertising Agency: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/nsac-agency-tours-at-mekanism-tickets-16469539837
Goodby Silverstein & Partners: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/nsac-agency-tours-at-goodby-silverstein-partners-tickets-16469836725
It is strongly suggested to use the Google App as they have a transit option and most places can be gotten to within the hour in between tours on public transportation.