Monthly Archives: May 2016
Shocase, the Professional Network for Marketers, invites you to a portfolio review and career mentoring event at its SOMA offices, May 31st. This is a fantastic opportunity to get valuable one-on-one feedback on your portfolio and career goals in an informal environment from some of the Bay Area’s best Creative Directors, Designers, and Photographers.
This event is open to students, emerging creatives, those who are re-entering the workforce, changing career paths or anyone looking for guidance and feedback.
You will receive multiple reviews throughout the evening from experts in the field spanning a range of disciplines. Learn how to engage with these professionals, practice your one-on-one interviewing skills, and receive valuable feedback on your portfolio.
Use the link below for a 10 dollar discount (automatically applied when you hit the “get tickets” button
We are thrilled to announce the finalists for Spring Show 2016!
We invite everyone to join us for opening night, this upcoming Monday, May 23 from 7-9pm. We are planning a short awards ceremony at approximately 7:45pm in the ADV area for a few “Best of” awards. Friends and family are welcome. It’s always a fun end to the semester!
More info on location, shuttles, etc here:
ADV Spring Show 2016 Finalists:
- India and London – Rochelle Maryann Stephens
- Smile A Day – Selena Davant
- Ballast Point Moonshine – John Francic Murillo
- Krispy Kreme – Seungwoo Kim
- San Francisco Bar Pilots – Jenny Truong
- Play Station – Ge Jia, Bart Nie
- I am a Woman – Siu Yin Wong, Hernan Bogado, Kunkanda Phukchampa, Tianyi Wang, Kevin Miller
- Hint – Jenaid Jenaid, Eric Bui, Brittany Ulmer
- High West Magazine – Visarnpong Chateakcharoen
- Power of News – Louise Hessel Holmen
- Shanghai X Smog – Bryan Jhung, Richard Baranyai, Ivana Kovacevic
- Cisco, C-Tag – Sam An
- The Other World – Sam An
- Flip Flop Fairytale Film Fest – Celine Lota, Amanda Artinger, Mike Chan, Wa Gao, Lipeng Chi, Fei Wang, Pawan Tangsritrakul, Oran Khanyalucksakun, Apinya Srikhwanthong, Chance Howard, David Portillo
- Bring Back Our Girls – Sneed Xiao, Chase Grammer, Meiko Ito, Ji Eun Jeong, Panupong Leelasawat, Xiang Li, Yixuan Tang, Ningyu Zhang, Thomas Murphy, Justin Doescher
- Gender Balance Index – Jane Goodwin-Bell and Jieun Jeong
- Let Them In – Orlando ‘Hernan’ Bogado
- Stop Smog Cough – Jane Goodwin-Bell, Xavier Li
- Balance For Schools – Jane Goodwin-Bell and Xavier Li
- Advil for Headache – Alexander Tombach
- Gender Equality is a Big Idea – Alex Basa
- Hawaii Five-O – Ei Kakiuchi
- Brighten Any Situation – Suthasa Prayoonhong
- Pendleton – Matthew Partida, Jenny Truong, John Francis Murillo
- Smilepost – Tzu-yun Wang
- Color Your World – Seondoo Park
- Cloud Atlas – Eddie Fragoso
- Made by You – Seondoo Park
- San Pellegrino – Sarah Turner
- Power Seat – Eric Frankman, Victoria Inoue, Mj Centeno and Jy Juven Wi
- Tide Since – Saud Alanzi
- Don’t Text – Saud Alanzi, Johan Friedner, Nicole Valdespino
- VICE on HBO – Fredrik Sjöblom
- Cowboy poetry / I carry your heart with me – Joey Larson, Chiao Chen
- Sex Box – Cullen Newsome, Madison Smith, Saranpon Jitsiri, Yuhang Chen, Panupong Leelasawat
- Walking Dead – Cullen Newsome
- Submerse Yourself – Cullen Newsome, Lauren MacNeil, Panupong Leelasawat, Wen Shi
- Movement – Cullen Newsome
- Anna Sui – Jenaid Jenaid, Tiffany Widjojono, Cathryn Li
- Twitter Live! – Daisy Serafini, Justin Doescher
- Academy ADV – Jieun Jeong, Xavier Li
One of our Alumni is the Art Director at CSpence Group and is looking for a Creative Intern! She says:
“We are a purpose driven agency focused on doc style branded content, social and digital engagements, and experiential marketing campaigns. We are expanding our clients and will need a part-time creative intern to work alongside me.”
Creative Intern: Job Description
Communications and Social Media Intern
CSpence Group is seeking a Creative Intern this summer to support our small team on a variety of projects. This position is ideal for anyone looking to gain hands-on design experience in a fast-paced environment. This is an exciting opportunity to play an important role in the development of a brand that is working to have a lasting impact.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Digital production work
- Branding design and concepting
- Develop social media assets
- Work closely with Art Director to support her needs
Qualifications and Desired Skills
- Strong InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop skills
- Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- Organizational skills, time management skills, and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and maintain flexibility while handling multiple projects on various timelines
Benefits of Opportunity
- Mentorship on concept and design
- Learn to manage and design digital creative production
- Learn the basics of designing a brand identity
- Learn to concept and design social media assets
- The internship will last for 3 months
- 10-15 hours per week with the opportunity to extend through the fall with the right candidate.
- This is a paid position
- The intern will need to provide his/her own equipment and will be provided with necessary software
Applications are being accepted now through June 1, 2016, with decisions being made on a rolling basis. The application should include a resume, any related portfolios and a brief statement about why you are excited about this opportunity.
Questions or application should be sent to: email@example.com
Overview of Organization
CSpence Group is a growing brand engagement and marketing company that focuses on creating customized creative solutions with a focus on high-impact ideas, innovative campaigns, engaging content and unique experiential solutions. We are a small team of fun-loving, hardworking and passionate brand-builders who are united in answering the call to create and deliver inspiring creative that works.
We have worked with clients ranging from global brands to national associations to international nonprofits with the same objective of creating strategic campaigns and content that inspires, influences and engages our audiences to build lasting and meaningful relationships.
We’ve heard about two SF Bay Area opportunities for art internships this week. Neither wants to be publicly identifies so please see Mark for more info.
What is the Summer Expo?
The Summer Expo is an event, created to give our Online Students an Academy of Art University “Immersion/Intensive” experience. Students are invited to join us on campus in San Francisco for hands-on workshops, tours of departments, live demos, and onsite classes. It’s also a chance for students to meet their Department Directors, talk about their progress with their programs and discuss their futures in their chosen fields. A few lucky students will also get to take field trips our local Industry partners. In the past, those partners have included EA Games, Pixar, Google, YouTube, Facebook and Adobe. Evening events provide opportunities to network with students, faculty and alumni.
The Fashion Department and Social Media Center have invited us to join them for their Fashion Media Panel this Wednesday. Despite the Fashion-specific name, ADV students will benefit from this discussion about the increasing role of content marketing online and branded content, as well as the relationship between advertisers and creatives.