Monthly Archives: September 2016
The first deadline for the Young Glory 2016/17 season is this Friday, September 30th. Check out the first brief here. Good luck! Make us proud!
In order to submit you must first register for a membership at this link: http://www.youngglory.com/membership/details. You MUST enter the school as “School of Advertising, Academy of Art University” for the registration to go through and to be covered by our school payment.
Once your membership has been created, you can submit your entry at http://www.youngglory.com/submit/. It will take 24 hours from the time you created your membership for your team names to show up in the drop down on this page. If you do not want to wait, you can select “not listed” from the drop down and put your team name and “School of Advertising, Academy of Art University” in the form fields.
Gap, Inc is looking to hire a Communications Intern. Ideally, the candidate would be in a graduate program or their final year. Also, it is important for the candidate to have some work experience and exposure to senior leaders in an organization.
It is a paid internship and they would need someone to help out 25-29 hours a week. Other qualifications include:
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills (including ability to work across all levels of our organizations)
· Skilled in Adobe, Word, Excel, In Design, Photo Shop and video editing software
· Well-versed in web based/digital communication (social media, intranet publishing and web publishing tools)
· Strong project management skills, ability to multi-task, follow up and manage competing priorities all under tight deadlines
To apply, email Paige at Paige_McLaughlin@gap.com with your cover letter and resume and examples of work that demonstrate visual storytelling abilities.
A faculty member has alerted us to an immediate opening for a copywriting intern at a major SF agency. You must have a portfolio that’s ready to go. Mark has info on the agency and who to email. Hurry.
Kabam is looking for their summer 2017 interns. They are hosting an event tomorrow at their headquarters from 5:30 to 7pm, RSVP at email@example.com.
Our good friends at Free Range Puppies have several internship opportunities available.
“We are looking for:
1. A photographer who is passionate about human rights portraiture.
2. Writer– one needs to transcribe interviews, piece the interview in a narrative that is compelling and will do justice to the personal story. The writer if wishes can accompany me to conduct interviews or be present during my visit to the non-profit homeless outreach organizations.
3. Strategist– We are growing our platform on Medium. So looking for somebody who is keen on research on building database of followers, study and analyze tactics to grow followers on Medium, help us work our social media presence online. Also we are fundraising for the film. It will be great to have a strategist who can assist on coming up with creative ideas for pitching to potential donors.
Right now our main focus is the trans-media project titled ‘Stories Behind The Fog.’ We are compiling 100 stories of those effected by homelessness in the bay area. Our impetus is to inspire storytellers to take these stories further in any form of art. It will be published in a book next year and all collaborators will get due credits in the book. The book will be released along side our documentary Moses.
Currently we are working with LLABUILD, Downtown Streets Team, Lava MAe, Gubbuio Church, Hamilton Family Center, Faithful Fools, North Beach Citizens, Episcopal Church- Chef’s program. “
For more information or to apply, please contact Diya at firstname.lastname@example.org