Monthly Archives: October 2016
Join us this Friday, October 21 for an exclusive screening of “Design Disruptors”. Thanks to our friends in WNM for inviting us to join in! Screening event is free for all Academy of Art students with valid AAU ID. Register Here: http://nvite.co/b2c4
Congratulations to Marcus Pettersson for his award winning work on the Tenderloin Fanzine project with graphic designer Erik Berger Vaage – now an Adobe Design Achievement Award Winner for 2016! Marcus graduated Fall 2015 and is now a copywriter at Grey San Francisco.
Read more about Marcus’s project and the other winners from Academy of Art here.
THIS IS NOT A DRILL. International students, you are now eligible for an ADDITIONAL 24 months of OPT, for a grand total of 3 years! This change is due to the fact that the ADV program has been certified as a STEM program (science, technology, engineering, and math). All those software and computer classes have totally paid off!
This applies to all current and incoming students, but unfortunately does not apply to those who have already graduated. Find out more information here.
BBBS, North Bay, seeks a dynamic, self-starter to assist development marketing and communications efforts. This internship is an excellent opportunity to experience various aspects of marketing while working for well-known community based nonprofit organization.
• Assist in planning community and fundraising events.
• Assist in writing for quarterly eNewsletter.
• Draft, distribute and pitch news releases, media alerts and other stories.
• Designing flyers, e-vites and other marketing material for major events.
• Update the database when needed.
• Help with development of PSAs & content for social media & website.
• Assist in organizing and implementation of awareness and giving campaigns.
• Reach out to the community organizations, local businesses, donors about BBBS mission.
• Collaborate with staff on new ideas, directions, and venues for marketing and communications.
• Assist in processing donations and preparing acknowledgement letters and other correspondence.
• Completed or working toward a college degree, preferably in a related field (e.g., English, Marketing/Communications, or Public Relations, Hospitality, Nonprofit Management, or relevant major).
• Previous internship or related experience in marketing or communications is a plus.
• Must be computer literate (working knowledge of word processing, PowerPoint, Excel). Knowledge of Word Press a plus.
• An effective communicator, both written and oral.
• Ability to communicate in a professional manner with press and community contacts.
• Self-motivated, good organizational skills, detail-oriented, ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines.
• Interest in nonprofit development/fundraising.
Hours: 8 – 12 hours/week, preferably twice a week in the office.
Compensation: This is an Unpaid/Volunteer internship
If you are interested or know someone who is interested please have them contact:
Anne Coyne, Board President at email@example.com
This afternoon, October 10th, AD2SF will announce a portfolio night which the Academy of Art, School of Advertising will host here at 410 Bush Street. The portfolio event will happen on Thursday, October 27th from 7-9:30 PM. Tons of industry pros will be here to give you feedback on your book, plus it’s a great way to make connections.
This is sure to be a sold out event, so make sure to sign up today or as soon as possible. Go to ad2sf.org today and keep checking it until it’s posted and you’re able to sign up. Also, because we love you – we’ve ‘wrasseled up a deep discount if you use the code AAUACCESS. Hurry!