Monthly Archives: March 2017
Congrats, Bryan, Caroline, Gabriella, Alex, Joey, Chiao, Jenny, Matthew, John, Tzu Yun, Jieun, and Jane!
St. George Spirits
Art Director: Bryan Jhung
Copywriter: Caroline Sinclair
Strategist: Gabriella Martinsson
Nebia Showers Abbreviated
Copywriter: Alex Basa
Glory & Reason 1:30
Director, Cinematographer: Joey Larson
Editor: Chiao Chen
San Francisco Bar Pilots
Art Director: Jenny Truong
Super Duper Burgers
Art Director: Jenny Truong
Art Director: Matthew Partida
Web Designer: Jenny Truong
Copywriter: John Francis Murillo
Art Director: Tzu Yun Wang
Art Director: Jieun Jeong
Copywriter: Jane Goodwin-Bell
North Face Branded Content 4:30
Director, Cinematographer: Joey Larson
See the full list of winners here.
In cased you missed the all-student ADV email, please take a look at these many opportunities for you to get help! There are options for working with ADV faculty and ARC professional tutors for the following:
- Competition help
- Portfolio help
- Presentation or English support, by ARC
- Presentation or English support for MFA students, by the EAP department
- Drop In hours with Directors and Faculty
- Skill building for drawing, Adobe products, and more!
An alumnus working as an ACD at Apple sent along the summer copywriting internship job description below. Students who had this internship during past summers have seen their careers fast tracked. Note you must be graduating after August 2017 to be considered. Talk to Andrea or Mark for more info then submit your resume and portfolio link online.
Brand Writer Intern
We’re looking for aspiring copywriters to join our Brand team. As a Summer intern, you’re very important to all the things we do here. Because you bring fresh thinking and new ideas to all things Apple through your writing, conceptual thinking, and collaboration with the wider team.
Everyday, you’ll work with an incredibly creative communications group in one of the world’s most admired companies. You’ll write about inspiring products and give people new and exciting ways to engage with the Apple brand—all while learning from talented writers, art directors, and designers along the way.
It’s a chance to be part of something big right from the beginning of your career. Not to mention, you’ll have an incredible summer in beautiful California.
The internship takes place from May – August 2017.
- Assist in various concepting needs—from campaign ideas for values, to tactical executions for events and retail stores, to advertising, to social media, to video, to product launches.
- Assist in a variety of writing needs—from long copy, to headlines, to film scripts, to TV scripts, to taglines, to crafting manifestos.
You love to write. And love Apple products.
You’re a motivated, conceptual, strategic thinker.
You can communicate and share ideas effectively.
You’re confident, friendly, positive, driven, and most importantly, curious.
Skills and attributes:
A self-starter and a quick learner.
An independent thinker and a team player.
Pay attention to detail.
Good work ethic, professional, and the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
Currently enrolled in a Bachelors or Masters program in a related field of study, graduating on or after August 2017.
Apple is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
College Juniors, Seniors + Post-grads!
Join VB&P for 9 weeks of advertising, San Francisco exploring, Summer Fridays and endless amounts of La Croix.
Dates: June 5 – Aug 4
Application site open today 3.13.2017!
About Venables Bell & Partners
Founded in 2001, Venables Bell & Partners is an independent San Francisco advertising agency. Named in 2010 by Advertising Age as one of the top ten “A-List” agencies in the country and in 2017, Fast Company named them one of the top ten most innovative companies in Marketing/Advertising. VB&P clients with Audi of America, ConocoPhillips, Intel, Orville Redenbacher’s, Slim Jim, Barclays, eBay, Google, among others.
Goodwill of Greater East Bay has a PAID summer internship opportunity! The position will primarily focus on designing and developing graphics for promotional material, assist in developing content for social media, and assisting in the analyzing of other digital media. To apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Dali Lama Fellows is looking for a Marketing & Social Media Intern to join their team in San Francisco.
Dalai Lama Fellows, founded in 2010 with the authorization and personal support of the 14th Dalai Lama, is Reimagining Leadership by cultivating and supporting a global movement of next generation leaders applying universal values to solve global challenges.
If you want to be part of a global community of young social innovators and consider yourself a social media pro, we invite you to join us. The ideal candidate is available 15-20 hours/week for 3-6 months. Our intern is encouraged to work in our San Francisco office in the beautiful Presidio. This is a volunteer position and academic credit is available.
As a Marketing & Social Media Intern, you will:
- Represent the voice of Dalai Lama Fellows across online channels
- Curate and post daily content on Facebook and Twitter that aligns with our brand and elaborates on our program, curriculum, and core values
- Play a key role in deepening engagement on other social media channels like YouTube, LinkedIn, and Instagram
- Work with DLF staff to drive engagement, foster online conversations, and inspire people to join our online community and attend our programs
- Report on social media stats and impact, tracking online engagement of all campaigns
- Provide support on additional marketing and communications projects as needed
- Professional/internship experience in social media marketing, ideally in a nonprofit environment
- Academic/professional background in journalism, media, communications, business and/or marketing
- Minimum of two years of college experience
- Excellent communication (written and oral), analytical, interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Highly organized, ability to manage time and prioritize tasks with minimal supervision
- Experience working in Canva and Hootsuite is a plus!
Please send your resume, tailored cover letter and work samples to: Natalie Conneely, Director of Resource Development: email@example.com