Monthly Archives: October 2018
We wanted to give a quick congratulations to Johanna Granlund and Amanda Wennberg for becoming finalists in the Ad Age x Kia Stinger print ad competition! Below you can follow the link to check out their awesome work. You’re also welcome to cast your vote to help decide the winner!
We had a great turnout this year at the One Club Creative Bootcamp! This year’s event was sponsored by FCB West and students created incredible campaigns in just a few short days. A HUGE congratulations to this year’s winners and a big shoutout to everyone who participated. We hope you caught up on your sleep.
Recently Adobe released Creative Cloud 2019. Many students have auto-update enabled, or want to try using the newest version possible. However, we do not recommend updating right away. The Academy does not have the ability to license CC 2019 in our labs or classrooms. If you already updated your Adobe CC, and find that your files are no longer compatible with older versions — no worries! You can roll back the version by following the process below.
- From the Creative Cloud Application, click the down arrow next to the application and select “Manage”
2. Under “Manage” select “Other Versions”
3. From there you will have the option to install additional versions of the software. You may have more than one version installed at a time and can launch whichever version you like
4. Once you’ve installed additional versions, use the down arrow next to the product to display your installed versions of the software and launch whichever you need
If you need further assistance, you can contact the Online Help Desk: 1.888.431.2787
Are you a badass woman? Are you a determined student in advertising? Do you want $5,000?
If you answered yes to these questions apply for the bi-annual WONGDOODY Women in Advertising Scholarship! Submit your application by Friday, November 16th @ 11:59pm. Here are some additional requirements to keep in mind:
- Applicants must have completed at least her sophomore year of undergraduate studies or her first year of graduate school
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress
- Be pursuing an advertising career in a career role including (but not limited) to copywriter, art director, designer or strategist
You can look at past winners and apply here.
Are you a strategist passionate about Apple? Marcom is Apple’s Global Marketing Communications group. They oversee all of Apple’s advertising and marketing to ensure the flawless development and execution of world-class communications.
The Brand Strategy Intern will be expected to support the entire strategy team within marketing communications. Specifically, they will be expected to:
- Support Strategists on informing creative briefs with unique and compelling insights
- Develop competitive analysis of various products or brands
- Collaborate with the larger Marcom team on the assigned projects, within a wide variety of mediums to include: interactive, film, design, retail, etc.
- Assist in the management of various primary research projects
- Work with creative teams to translate insights into compelling and effective work
- Write and design keynote presentations as your primary communications vehicle
You must be currently enrolled in a degree-seeking program during the time of internship (sorry, no recent grads). Graduation dates of 2020, 2021, or 2022.
Pursuing a Bachelor’s or Masters Degree in Advertising, Design, or Marketing preferred.
How to Apply: Please apply through our link to submit your resume and additional work sample (case study, presentation, etc) that will give insight into how you think.
BOOTCAMP RESPONSIBILITY REMINDER
One Club Creative Bootcamp is next week!
Just a reminder that if you plan on taking part, you need to contact your instructors to let them know that you will not be attending class. It’s up to you to make arrangements with each of your instructors for submitting any and all assignments.