Monthly Archives: May 2019
Hey students! It’s the eve of Spring Show, and we wanted to congratulate everyone whose work will be featured tomorrow! We also wanted to give a quick reminder that opening night will start at 7:00 PM and go to 9:00 PM, while the awards presentation will begin at 7:30 PM for ADV, and 7:45 PM for WNM. The show will be open to the public, so we invite all students to come and see your peers’ work being showcased!
Spring Show Venue
2225 Jerrold Avenue
Transportation and Parking:
- To help visitors get to Spring Show easily, the Academy will provide daily complimentary shuttle service from 180 New Montgomery Street at Howard Street. Shuttles will loop every hour between the showcase and 180 New Montgomery Street
- For those driving to the shuttle, the nearest parking garage to the pickup point is the 5th and Mission Parking Garage.
- Additionally, we recommend taking a taxi or rideshare service as there is no street parking at the event.
We want to give a quick shoutout to our amazing students that received awards from The One Club / The Young Ones competition in New York!
Z by HP / Studio Z campaign
Awarded: Gold pencil
CW: Yash Ram
AD: Fangqi Li
The New York Times / Think Inside the Box campaign
Awarded: Silver pencil
CW: Amanda Wennberg
AD: Freija Edlund, Hanna Goransson, Rasmus Holmqvist, Hedvig Rausing
Bay Ecotarium is hiring summer interns! Some positions available include Exhibit Design, Graphic Design & Branding, and Multimedia, and Event Marketing internships. Read more about the internships here.
To apply, please email email@example.com with the subject line, “INTERNSHIPS”. Depending on the position you may need to provide a portfolio as well. Good luck!
If you’re a female creative, stop what you’re doing and apply for the WONGDOODY Womxn In Advertising Scholarship. This amazing agency is uplifting underrepresented groups in advertising to create a more diverse and inclusive future. The winner is awarded $5,000! The requirements include:
- Identify as female or womxn.
- Be a currently enrolled student at a college in the United States, and have completed at least their sophomore year of undergraduate studies or their first year of portfolio or graduate school.
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress as determined by their school.
- Be pursuing an advertising career in a creative role including but not limited to copywriter, art director, strategist or designer.
Go go go, what are you waiting for??
Hey ADV students!
This a reminder that the 2019 Comm Arts Design & Advertising competitions deadline is this Friday, May 10th.
Over the past 60 years, Communication Arts has become one of the most respected publications in the field of visual communications. Their competitions have long been regarded as the benchmark of excellence, and they would love to see your best work printed in the 2019 Design and Advertising Annuals. Winning in the Communication Arts competitions is a reason to celebrate!
Submission guidelines and answers to frequently asked questions can be found here: https://www.commarts.com/competitions/
Good luck to all!