Big Brothers Big Sisters of the North Bay Communications & Development Internship
BBBS, North Bay, seeks a dynamic, self-starter to assist development marketing and communications efforts. This internship is an excellent opportunity to experience various aspects of marketing while working for well-known community based nonprofit organization.
• Assist in planning community and fundraising events.
• Assist in writing for quarterly eNewsletter.
• Draft, distribute and pitch news releases, media alerts and other stories.
• Designing flyers, e-vites and other marketing material for major events.
• Update the database when needed.
• Help with development of PSAs & content for social media & website.
• Assist in organizing and implementation of awareness and giving campaigns.
• Reach out to the community organizations, local businesses, donors about BBBS mission.
• Collaborate with staff on new ideas, directions, and venues for marketing and communications.
• Assist in processing donations and preparing acknowledgement letters and other correspondence.
• Completed or working toward a college degree, preferably in a related field (e.g., English, Marketing/Communications, or Public Relations, Hospitality, Nonprofit Management, or relevant major).
• Previous internship or related experience in marketing or communications is a plus.
• Must be computer literate (working knowledge of word processing, PowerPoint, Excel). Knowledge of Word Press a plus.
• An effective communicator, both written and oral.
• Ability to communicate in a professional manner with press and community contacts.
• Self-motivated, good organizational skills, detail-oriented, ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines.
• Interest in nonprofit development/fundraising.
Hours: 8 – 12 hours/week, preferably twice a week in the office.
Compensation: This is an Unpaid/Volunteer internship
If you are interested or know someone who is interested please have them contact:
Anne Coyne, Board President at email@example.com