Fall semester starts Tuesday, September 5th. Contact your advisor now to register for classes! Make sure to ask your advisor if you are eligible to take any of these top 5 recommended courses:
Writing for UX -- ADV 499-02
This class is recommended for students across disciplines, including Web Design, Fashion and especially Advertising, developing skills in the increasingly valuable field of User Experience. Students will learn to craft language that increases the desirability and usability of websites, apps, and digital experiences. Students will create consistent experience across multiple platforms, and engage a range of audience types.
Entertainment Advertising -- ADV 348-01
A class for ad students with any emphasis, students in ADV 348-01 will analyze current trends in popular culture and develop copy and marketing concepts for entertainment media, including TV, games, music and movies. Students will conduct research for a target audience, and develop trailer scripts, key art and ads.
Copy for Radio -- ADV 499-02
In this hands-on class, students learn the techniques needed to write and produce spots for the intimate theater-of-the-mind medium: radio. They will learn to utilize storytelling, pacing, dialogue construction, and voice actor casting against a background of music and sound effects to create 60-second gems that captivate their audience.
The Agency -- ADV 498-01, 498-04, 498-05
This course offers the opportunity to gain hands-on agency experience. Students will work in teams and function as an agency to create ads for real clients. Topics will include workflow, budgeting, account service, meeting clients’ needs, and pursuing new business. Agency capabilities will include digital, social media, broadcast, and print. Prerequisites: Department Director approval (contact email@example.com to set up an Agency Interview); Cross-listed with ADV 695
Mondays 12pm-6:30pm, Tuesdays 12pm-6:30pm, or Thursdays 12pm-6:30pm
Futures and Trends, ADV 499-01
This Special Topics class will not be run in Spring, so now is the time to register. ADV 499-01 advances students’ understanding of cultural trends and behavior. Students learn to develop trend reports, posters, visual maps, and infographics. Prerequisites: ADV 226
We have spots still available in these Summer classes. Talk to your advisor, classes start Monday!
- ADV 109 Advertising Methods & Trends with Mark Edwards
- ADV 343 Integrated Advertising 1 with Mark Edwards
- ADV 498 The Agency with Jim Wojtowicz and Tom Walter
- ADV 109 Advertising Methods & Trends with Joanna D’Avanzo
- ADV 215 Short Copy for Campaigns with Tom Fong
- ADV 230 Rapid Visualization Techniques with James Gleeson
- ADV 605 Digital Graphics with Andrea Pimentel
- ADV 606 Campaign with Lance Anderson
- ADV 616 Advanced Advertising Concept Development with Jim Wojtowicz
- ADV 623 Brand Strategy with Matthew Jervis
- ADV 625 Interactive Advertising with Andrea Pimentel
- ADV 699 with Terry Jones
- ADV 801 GDS: Creative Concepts with Lance Anderson
- ADV 850 Final Portfolio with Mark Edwards
- ADV 605 Digital Graphics with Lance Anderson
- ADV 616 Advanced Advertising Concept Development with Joanna D’Avanzo
- ADV 623 Brand Strategy with Shawn Utterback
Introducing a new MFA Group Directed Study: What’s Next? Innovation in Advertising.
We’ll examine the current state of innovation in advertising. What’s hot. What’s creating buzz. What’s the newest of the new. Then you’ll develop campaigns to push boundaries. Do it right and your work will break through the clutter when CDs look at books.