Author Archives: admin
What is the Summer Expo?
The Summer Expo is an event, created to give our Online Students an Academy of Art University “Immersion/Intensive” experience. Students are invited to join us on campus in San Francisco for hands-on workshops, tours of departments, live demos, and onsite classes. It’s also a chance for students to meet their Department Directors, talk about their progress with their programs and discuss their futures in their chosen fields. A few lucky students will also get to take field trips our local Industry partners. In the past, those partners have included EA Games, Pixar, Google, YouTube, Facebook and Adobe. Evening events provide opportunities to network with students, faculty and alumni.
The Fashion Department and Social Media Center have invited us to join them for their Fashion Media Panel this Wednesday. Despite the Fashion-specific name, ADV students will benefit from this discussion about the increasing role of content marketing online and branded content, as well as the relationship between advertisers and creatives.
Our friends in WNM have invited us to join them for their IDEATE Conference Friday, May 6. Drop in to see the Tech Showcase, to see presentations by media/digital artists, and to network with other students and industry professionals.
The Ideate Conference brings together students, industry leaders, and Alumni for a day of education, networking and celebration.
Friday, May 6, 2016, 5th Floor Gallery, 180 New Montgomery
Full details visit: bit.ly/IdeateStudents1630
Guest Speakers (2:45 – 4:30 pm, Gallery and room 555)
Tech Showcase (1:30 – 2:30 pm, room 510)
Drop-in Networking (2:00 – 5:00 pm, room 535, open to all)
NewCo is a member of Academy of Art University Social Media Center’s Global Advisory Board. Their San Francisco office is seeking to fill up to 3 Summer Course Credit only internship positions in Editorial & Social Media.
NewCo seeks a dynamic, self-starter to assist in its editorial, PR, and social media efforts. This internship is an excellent opportunity to experience various aspects of communications and marketing while working for a well-known, internationally-reaching organization.
The internship requires a high level of organization, acute attention to detail and deadlines, top-notch written and verbal communication skills, and a keen ability to think quickly and function well in a high-pressure, creative, fun, startup environment.
- Assist in updating and maintaining NewCo’s social media presence, including daily monitoring, posting, scheduling and reporting
- Assist in planning, researching, and writing e-blasts and e-newsletters
- Draft, distribute and pitch news releases, media alerts and blog stories
- Help manage internal editorial and marketing calendars
- Design flyers, graphics, e-vites and other marketing material as needed
- Update the organization’s website regularly
- Create comprehensive database of targeted journalists, outlets, bloggers, social media personalities and organizations
- Participate in weekly All Hands meetings, participating with staff on idea creation, especially as it pertains to storytelling,
- marketing, and communications
- Prepare weekly reports and maintain regular contact with supervisor
- Posses excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner with colleagues, media, and the NewCo community
- Ability to work well independently and within a team
If you are interested, please email your RESUME + COVER LETTER + ONLINE PORTFOLIO LINK by Friday, May 13th, 2016 to email@example.com
From Wolff Olins:
Calling all design students & recent grads in San Francisco! We’re holding a portfolio ‘Show & Tell’ on Wednesday, May 11th in the Bay Area. A limited number of students will be selected to meet with members of our west coast team. To be considered for a spot please send your portfolio by Wednesday, May 4th to: showtellSF@wolffolins.com.
Best Commercial Nominees
- PlayStation – Ge Jia and Bart Nie
- Hint – Jenaid Jenaid, Eric Bui, and Brittany Ulmer
- I Am A Woman – Siu Yin Wong, Hernan Bogado, Kunkanda Phukchampa, and Kevin Miller
- Submerse Yourself – Cullen Newsome, Lauren MacNeil, Panupong Leelasawat, and Wen Shi
Best Branded Content Nominees
- Cowboy Poetry Gathering – Joey Larson and Chico Chen
- Strangest of Strangers – Ivana Kovacevic
- High West Magazine – Visarnpong Chateakcharoen
- The Thing in the Closet – Lauren MacNeil and Terrell Butler
Thanks to everyone who submitted their work for Spring Show. There was a lot of great work, the judges had a lot of tough choices to make. Mark your calendar for Spring Show opening night on Monday, May 23rd. It’s going to be a great show!
We’d like to congratulate all our semi-finalists. Semi-finalists should have received an email with details about preparing their files for inclusion in the show. For team projects, only the team member who first submitted the project was notified.
If your name is listed below, congratulations! Please check your email for details (and be sure to let your team know, as well).
- Saud Alanzi
- Sam An
- Alex Basa
- Orlando Hernan Bogado
- Visarnpong Chateakcharoen
- Selena Davant
- Eddie Fragoso
- Wa Gao
- Eric Frankman
- Jane Goodwin-Bell
- Louise Hessel Holmen
- Jenaid Jenaid
- Bryan Jhung
- Ge Jia
- Ei Kakiuchi
- Donghee Kim
- Seungwoo Kim
- Joey Larson
- Xavier Ming Li
- John Francis Murillo
- Cullen Newsome
- Seondoo Park
- Suthasa Prayoonhong
- Daisy Serafini
- Fredrik Sjöblom
- Rochelle Maryann Stephens
- Alexander Tombach
- Jenny Truong
- Sarah Turner
- Josephine Heintz Waktare
- Tracy Tzu-yun Wang
- Siu Yin Wong
- Fay Xiong
We have extended the Spring Show Entry deadline to tomorrow, Tuesday, April 19 at 11:59PM. We invite all ADV students to submit—Online, On Campus, BFA, AA, or MFA. It is an honor to have your work chosen and showcased at Spring Show!
To submit work, go to: http://tinyurl.com/adv2016springshow