Author Archives: advinternal
Hey students! Check out these two new courses for Spring 2023 – ADV 498/695 Future Agency and ADV 402/702 The Art of Influencers. Talk to your advisors and enroll today!
Hey students! Check out the infographic for the Auto-UI class. Enroll today!
Hey students! We hope your semesters are going well – please refer to the graphic for the November dining schedule. As a reminder, this is only for students who have meal plans! Good luck with your classes!
Got plans for Halloween? We’ve got a few events lined up for the season – some fun Halloween-y get togethers for you to consider this season! Campus Life is excited to host the following activities for Halloweek at Art Cafe (655 Sutter St.):
- Pumpkin Carving: October 27th, 7 – 9 PM
- Scary Sketch Night: October 28th, 5 – 8 PM
Come out and join us if you can! We’ll see you there!
Hey students! We hope the semester is going well so far – here are the office hours for our awesome directors and faculty! Remember, you are always welcome to stop by!
Hey Students! Please note that the location, date, and time details for the upcoming onsite Orientation for Fall 2022 have been changed to:
Saturday, August 27th – 11:30 am – 2:30 pm at 601 Brannan St.
This change allows for a more exciting and fun event including:
- A Super Smash Bros Tournament
- Sports/ Activities
- and MORE!
- Open to all new students. Onsite, hybrid & online are all welcome.
- Student clubs and key departments will be in attendance.
- Shuttles will be coordinated and provided from 180 New Montgomery as well as the Sutter Corridor (620, 680, & 825 Sutter).
- Shuttles will begin at 11 am from the Sutter Corridor. The schedule for 180 will be added shortly pending confirmation from Transportation.
We hope to see you there!
Hey students! Zenni Optical has reached out to us with a position for a Product Designer. Please see their job description and how to apply below:
We’re looking for a qualified Product Designer to join our UX & Digital Design team with the goal to develop great experiences that drives the eyewear industry forward. You’ll be apart of a product team that leads user research and and user interface projects. Your creativity and eye for design, along with your technical knowledge will help create both functional and appealing features that address our customer’s needs while meeting business goals.
For this role, you must have experience in UX/UI design, rapid prototyping for user testing and creating high-fidelity prototypes for websites.
Key job responsibilities:
- Continuously apply a first person perspective into building a fabulous, comprehensive digital product
- Willingness to learn and use low fidelity & rapid prototyping capabilities, with a tight-knit team
- Ability to provide or receive constructive feedback as a part of the creative process
- Comfort in navigating problems and opportunities autonomously
- Comfortable with cross-functional collaboration between Design, Product, Engineering, & Marketing
- Bachelor’s Degree or relevant certification in User Experience Design, Human-Centered Interaction Design, Graphic Design, or similar
- 1+ years working as a Product/UX/UI Designer with proven Design, Research, & UX/UI capabilities
- You have a basic understanding of front-end coding and familiar with front-end development best practices
- Attentive to creating responsive designs that are compatible across platforms and screen sizes
- Passion for design trends and understands best practices for user experience
- Can work collaboratively across an entire product team. This includes but is not limited to Product Managers, Developers, QA, Designers, and other stakeholders
- Can work effectively as a remote team member
- Portfolio and ability to discuss basic design process
- Communication & visual design skills with a deep understanding of the formal elements of design
- Basic project and time management skills
- Ability to present designs to key stakeholders to communicate and explain design decision
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced and sometimes ambiguous environment
- Demonstrated proficiency with Figma, such as Adobe Products or Sketch
- Adept with components
- Familiarity with working and contributing to an established design systems
- Familiar with design systems and component libraries
- Bonus: experience with Asana, Confluence, User Testing and Miro (or Mural)
- Open to design risks and mistakes to always learns through them
- Loves to translate from ambiguity into clearly defined goals
- A natural curiosity for understanding human behavior
- Collaborative, respectful, always looking to improve and deliver a high-level performance
- Checks their ego at the door, realizes the best design solutions come from an informed approach
- Thrives on constructive criticism, not afraid to ask questions, knows when & how to admit when they need help
- Advocates for their team, advocates for the user – believes User Experience is critical to good UI Design, advocate for great user experiences
Hey students! All ARC handouts have been updated for SU22. You can access and download them in the following places:
Or, you may find the following handouts attached:
Hey students! Check out the SFDW discount code for a Student Pass! This pass gives you access to register and attend over 70 in person and virtual 2022 events and also includes On Demand videos from past editions of SFDW (Viewing until August 1, 2022.)
Code for the Student One Pass: StudentPASS22 (case sensitive)
Step 1: Follow the link Get a ONE PASS
Step 2: Choose “Student One Pass”
Step 3: Fill out the One Pass Checkout and enter the discount code
Step 4: Once you have checked-out, you will be directed to your Account Dashboard
Step 5: Visit your Account Dashboard to view Calendar of Events, On Demand Content, and register for individual events