Author Archives: advinternal
TypeCon presents its first-ever virtual conference, TypeCon 2021: Together — October 21st-24th, 2021.
The conference program includes two days of talks, followed by our Type & Design Education Forum for educators, as well as a Type Crit on Sunday where attendees can submit their designs for feedback from industry professionals. Recordings of the talks will be available online for attendees to watch following the conference event. You can find more information about each of our speakers here.
Academy of Art University students can use promo code TC21GT430PS to register for the full conference at the discounted price of $25. The regular price for student registration is $100.
TypeCon is an annual conference presented by the non-profit Society of Typographic Aficionados (SOTA), an international organization dedicated to the promotion, study, and support of typography and related arts.Since the inaugural conference in 1998, TypeCon has explored type for the screen, printing history, Dutch design, type in motion, Arabic calligraphy, the American Arts and Crafts movement, experimental typography, webfonts, and much more. Special events include the Type & Design Education Forum, and an exhibition of international type and design.
The Type Directors Club is happy to announce the 68th annual international competition, which selects candidates with excellent typographic and innovative design.
Early bird: October 29
Regular Deadline: December 17
Late Deadline: January 21
For more information on how to enter, visit the link below:
To view categories, visit the link below:
To help you prepare for onsite classes temporary move to Zoom, Mark will hold his Tuesday 2:00 to 5:00 p.m. office hours simultaneously in his 180 NM office and his Zoom room. Just click through to test your set up and make sure you know how to make everything work for onsite classes starting Wednesday.
We have spots still available in these Summer classes. Talk to your advisor, classes start Monday!
- ADV 109 Advertising Methods & Trends with Mark Edwards
- ADV 343 Integrated Advertising 1 with Mark Edwards
- ADV 498 The Agency with Jim Wojtowicz and Tom Walter
- ADV 109 Advertising Methods & Trends with Joanna D’Avanzo
- ADV 215 Short Copy for Campaigns with Tom Fong
- ADV 230 Rapid Visualization Techniques with James Gleeson
- ADV 605 Digital Graphics with Andrea Pimentel
- ADV 606 Campaign with Lance Anderson
- ADV 616 Advanced Advertising Concept Development with Jim Wojtowicz
- ADV 623 Brand Strategy with Matthew Jervis
- ADV 625 Interactive Advertising with Andrea Pimentel
- ADV 699 with Terry Jones
- ADV 801 GDS: Creative Concepts with Lance Anderson
- ADV 850 Final Portfolio with Mark Edwards
- ADV 605 Digital Graphics with Lance Anderson
- ADV 616 Advanced Advertising Concept Development with Joanna D’Avanzo
- ADV 623 Brand Strategy with Shawn Utterback