COLLABORATIVE CLASS: Black Tornado (ILL 498)
The Illustration Department is hosting a Collaborative Class for FA13, ILL 498: Black Tornado — the creation, printing, distribution and marketing of an Augmented Reality (AR) Graphic Novel and Motion Book. This is a true AAU collaborative project that branches into several departments and disciplines.
The needs for the class include:
2D ILLUSTRATORS: Produce book pages, panels, covers, splash pages and augmentations.
3D MODELERS: Generate cover and splash page augmentations.
2D/3D ANIMATORS/FILM/VFX EDITORS: Learn and use AR/motion software to fabricate animations.
NEW MEDIA: Create and manage the AR app, channel, tracker images, overlays and augmentations.
ADVERTISING: Conceive and implement social media, crowd funding and viral campaigns.
GRAPHIC DESIGNER: Layout and oversee book printing, web, marketing and collateral materials.
REWARDS FOR ALL TALENT:
1) Credit, copies of the book and samples of promotional materials.
2) Learn third party software for the creation of AR and motion graphics.
3) Thirty second HD self-promotional video, shot in front of the green screen, projected from the book as an augmentation.
4) Featured in traditional, digital and viral marketing.
5) Pay based on successful crowd funding and book sales.
ILL 498: COLLABORATIVE PROJECT: BLACK TORNADO
In this advanced course taught by writer/creator Michael Trachiotis students design an Augmented Reality (AR) print and motion book. They learn third party software and how to assemble original art for print, AR and motion book production, publication and distribution.
The class meets at 180 New Montgomery on Thursdays from 3:30 to 6:20.