Creative Bootcamp (Yes, you should do this.)
The One Club, is having its annual Creative Boot Camp in San Francisco. The CBC will be hosted by Academy of Art University, School of Advertising and is being sponsored by a leading advertising agency. We hosted this event last year and it was a huge success—ask any one who attended it. For those of you who haven’t heard about it, The Creative Boot Camp is a 4-day workshop that exposes students from all educational backgrounds to the creative process in the advertising industry. It will take place at the Cannery beginning the evening of Wednesday, October 15 through Sunday, October 19, 2014.
The CBCs are supported by the best advertising agencies in the world, and by utilizing their top creative talent to serve as mentors and judges throughout the program. Since its inception in New York five years ago, they have had well over a thousand students participating from various cities including LA, Chicago, Atlanta, Austin, and London. Students have used the information and tools they gathered at the boot camp to move on to top advertising training programs, land coveted internship at large advertising agencies and even secure full-time jobs.
Below are some of the key benefits for students that choose to participate in this free workshop.
- Provides students with the opportunity to experience what it’s like to work at an agency as a copywriter and art director by creating an advertising campaign based on a creative brief provided by a sponsoring agency.
- Creates opportunities for networking with top local advertising professionals, who participate throughout the 4-day process as mentors.
- Participants walk away with a solid advertising campaign to add to their portfolios.
- Provides free breakfast and lunch to all participants during the course of the workshop.
- Gives students the chance to compete for an internship position at the sponsoring agency.
Register here and view the schedule of events.
Participants are accepted on a first come, first serve basis. That means get on it. Today.