Fall Internship Opportunity with Redbook Magazine’s New York Office
Fall Marketing and Advertising Internship
Redbook Magazine is offering unpaid internships (for academic credit) with the New York Marketing and Advertising Sales team. The goal of this internship is to provide students with behind-the-scenes look at the daily operations of a magazine, with a focus on sales and marketing.
This internship would provide students with the opportunity to observe and participate in various aspects of advertising and marketing. Each intern will contribute to a variety of projects including but not limited to:
- Preparing and Updating materials for internal and external client meetings
- Attending internal sales meetings with LA, Chicago, and Texas team members
- Participating in team brainstorming sessions
- Planning and executing special marketing and promotional events
- Prospecting in trade publications and competitor titles
- Completing a final project to be presented to the Redbook publishing staff
Interns will also have the opportunity to accompany a Redbook Account Director on a sales call with a client of their choosing. This opportunity provides students with valuable first-hand experience in the preparation and presentation skills necessary to excel in advertising sales.
- Interest in advertising sales, marketing and/or business
- Eagerness to learn
- Effective communicator
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to earn academic credit
- August 29th – December 9th
- 9:00AM – 5:00PM Mondays & Fridays, 11AM – 5PM Wednesdays
If you are an interested candidate that can receive academic credit for this internship, please reach out to Taylor Richardson at email@example.com with your resume and a cover letter explaining your experience and interest in advertising and sales.