San Francisco City Football Club Internship
Hey students! Internship alert! Please see below for all the information you need about interning with the San Francisco City Football Club!
Game Days – 3–5 hours per game (6 home games in total) Off Days – 3–5 hours per week.
Ten to twelve week flexible length.
Flexible starting date between Mar 14 and Apr 15, 2022.
SF City FC offers interns a different kind of experience, working in a grass-roots environment with a diverse group of energetic team members and supporter/owners who are dedicated to using the game of soccer to bring people together in our city so that they may help others in need. Interns have a unique opportunity to gain broad exposure to the internal workings of a supporter-owned, entrepreneurial sports team by taking on assignments in each of the different working groups. Interns will serve primarily with the Club Operations team, rotating through the Marketing, Outreach, Merchandise, and Communications Departments, and with the Director of Football and coaching staff. They will also participate in match-day stadium operations as part of the SF City Gold Crew. The internship is designed to broaden their skill set while providing them with an opportunity to help San Francisco’s underserved communities through service projects. At all stages, they will be mentored and supported by the club staff members. Several graduates of this internship program have gone on to careers in professional sports. The flexibility of hours makes this an ideal program for students to fit in around their studies and other activities.
This role reports directly to the Director of Operations.
Major responsibilities include:
● Shadow the Director of Operations to get hands-on experience with the various communications and project management tools used by the Operations team.
● Participate in Operations team meetings to gain an understanding of the operations of a sports team.
● Assist in orchestrating community service volunteer activities for our members.
Match Day Operations.
● Shadow the CEO and Director of Operations.
● Work within various departments within the Gold Crew on match day, including
the Box Office, Front Gate/Guest Services, and Merchandise Sales.
● Assist in Liaising with visiting teams and officials.
● Assist the PA/Scorekeeping team.
● Work directly with the Broadcast Production team.
Match Day Preparation
● Assist Operations in design and production of Match Day media.
● Oversee design, production, and delivery of promotional merchandise items.
● Participate in post-match internal reviews of Match Day activities.
● Work with the manager of the Communications team, to obtain hands-on experience with our social media channels and press relations projects.
● Assist in the development and implementation of sponsorship activation projects.
● Participate in Key Performance Indicator analysis.
● Assist in the development of promotional campaigns to drive club membership
and match day attendance.
● Assist in the maintenance and tracking of inventory
● Collaborate in the design, production, and development of at least one special
club merchandise/gear item.
● Assist in the planning and execution of pre-season fan events.
● Assist in the management of community partner relationships for the club.
● Shadow the Director of Football and Head Coach during select training sessions and assist in administrative tasks associated with the coaching staff.
● Maintain high standards for detail, consistency and quality of work.
● Consistently contribute to maintaining and enhancing the quality and efficiency of
the football club.
● Develop and maintain strong working relationships with co-workers and team
members through communication and listening skills.
● Strong communication skills.
● Exceptional attention to detail.
● Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills.
● Proficiency with Office applications such as Excel, PowerPoint, and Word is
● Dedication to community service/volunteerism.
● Understanding of art development/editing tools such as Photoshop a plus.
“As an ops intern, I was able to achieve a lot of pertinent information in a short time span. Working with SF City provided foundational knowledge into how an operations team functions on a weekly basis. I would like to thank everyone at SF City for the warm welcome and an enjoyable season!”
Marketing Coordinator Oakland Roots Sports Club
“SF City was an amazing first experience behind the scenes of a soccer club. The internship program allowed us to walk through all different areas, from merchandising to ticketing, from field operations to media operations. The knowledge obtained while there allowed me not only to get my current position with the Oakland Roots but also gave me inspiration to know that I belong in this industry.”
Media Operations Assistant Oakland Roots Sports Club
San Francisco City Football Club is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
SF City FC About Us: http://sfcityfc.com/the-club
Mike Gonos, Director of Operations email@example.com