Summer Internships at NewCo – EXCLUSIVE Opportunity for Academy Students
NewCo is a member of Academy of Art University Social Media Center’s Global Advisory Board. Their San Francisco office is seeking to fill up to 3 Summer Course Credit only internship positions in Editorial & Social Media.
NewCo seeks a dynamic, self-starter to assist in its editorial, PR, and social media efforts. This internship is an excellent opportunity to experience various aspects of communications and marketing while working for a well-known, internationally-reaching organization.
The internship requires a high level of organization, acute attention to detail and deadlines, top-notch written and verbal communication skills, and a keen ability to think quickly and function well in a high-pressure, creative, fun, startup environment.
- Assist in updating and maintaining NewCo’s social media presence, including daily monitoring, posting, scheduling and reporting
- Assist in planning, researching, and writing e-blasts and e-newsletters
- Draft, distribute and pitch news releases, media alerts and blog stories
- Help manage internal editorial and marketing calendars
- Design flyers, graphics, e-vites and other marketing material as needed
- Update the organization’s website regularly
- Create comprehensive database of targeted journalists, outlets, bloggers, social media personalities and organizations
- Participate in weekly All Hands meetings, participating with staff on idea creation, especially as it pertains to storytelling,
- marketing, and communications
- Prepare weekly reports and maintain regular contact with supervisor
- Posses excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner with colleagues, media, and the NewCo community
- Ability to work well independently and within a team
If you are interested, please email your RESUME + COVER LETTER + ONLINE PORTFOLIO LINK by Friday, May 13th, 2016 to firstname.lastname@example.org